Lazada, Southeast Asia’s leading online shopping and selling destination, kicks off its Big App Sale on 21 May 2015. The four-day event promises to bring the best mobile app-exclusive promotions across all product categories to consumers in the Southeast Asia.
The Rise of Mobile and Mobile Apps
According to Google’s Consumer Barometer 2014 report, smartphones (41%) and tablets (15%) are the most commonly used mobile devices in the Philippines, as compared to computers (36%). This mobile-first consumption changes the way consumers now browse and shop online.
Lazada has also seen a surge in mobile app downloads across the region, which has grown over 75% since December 2014. There were approximately 1.5 million or close to 50,000 downloads per day in April alone.
“We bring Southeast Asia’s largest online shopping mall to our consumers anytime and anywhere, with a best-in-class effortless mobile app shopping experience. Besides fantastic deals during our Big App Sale, consumers get access to the widest range of international and local products at their fingertips and enjoy secure payment options such as cash-on-delivery,” said Inanc Balci, CEO of Lazada Philippines.
The Lazada Big App Sale
The Lazada Big App sale kicks off on 21 May offering four different promotions for shoppers to get the maximum value from their purchases via mobile apps. App users can enjoy crazy deals each day at 9am, 12pm, 6pm and 9pm. For additional value, Lazada app users can enjoy an extra 10% discount off a selected category every day, and vouchers giveaways. There will also be a ‘PhP 99 Store’ with 100 deals priced at only PhP 99.
Lazada Philippines is also excited to announce the first-ever Globe Sunday promo where an exclusive 10% discount voucher will be available to Globe prepaid, postpaid, TM and Tattoo customers on Sunday, May 24. This additional discount is valid for purchases made on the Lazada Mobile App and is applicable on all items. Globe Sunday is the first exclusive promo to run after the recently signed partnership between the country’s no.1 mobile brand Globe Telecom and the largest e-commerce player, Lazada Philippines.
The Lazada Mobile App Shopper
Consumers spend more time browsing per session on the mobile app than the desktop, with an average of 7.3 minutes on Android and 8.5 minutes on iOS, as compared to 4.5 minutes on the desktop in the Philippines. There are also more females than males using the mobile apps, with the majority of 65% aged between 25 to 44 years old. The most popular product categories shopped on the mobile apps in April are Home and Living, Mobile and Tablets, Home Appliances, and Health and Beauty in the Philippines.
The Lazada Mobile App Shopper Across Six Southeast Asian Countries
· Across all six countries, the biggest group of mobile shoppers are within the 25-34 age group (average 45% on Android; 51% on iOS).
· This is followed by the 18-24 age group (average 22% on Android; 24% on iOS) for all countries except Singapore (16% on Android; 17% on iOS).
· The number of shoppers age 45 and above are comparable among all countries (average 10% on Android; 7% on iOS) with Singapore having a higher variation (14% on Android; 10% on iOS).
· Women are trumping men in mobile shopping in the Philippines
Android Users: 56% are female, 44% are male
iOS Users: 61% female, and 39% are male
Time spent per app session
· In the Region, iOS shoppers spend the most time at 7.2 minutes on average versus 6.5 minutes on Android.
· Philippines shoppers spend the most time on the site at 8.5 minutes on iOS and 7.3 minutes on Android, while Singapore shoppers spend the least, at 5.4 minutes on iOS and 5.1 minutes on Android.
“Certainly mobile shopping is more convenient and hassle-free, and that is why we think it’s bucking traditional shopping trends when it comes to gender. With an average time spent per session by mobile app shoppers being under ten minutes, it clearly beats travelling out and navigating the crowd in physical malls,” said Inanc Balci, CEO of Lazada Philippines. (The Lifestyle Portal)